Thursday, February 17, 2011

1.3 Community Action: Rubbish Busters

The students of 1.3 brainstormed some ideas about how they could take action to help a community. They decided that helping to clean the school playground was a good way to work together to make the ISD community stronger. They voted to name themselves Rubbish Busters. Each student designed a poster to spread the word about the importance of picking up trash. Once a day, the Rubbish Busters go out to the playground to pick up rubbish and talk about our findings. We have thought about some of the following things:

I wish there was no rubbish. –Leander
I felt sad because at recess many people throw rubbish around. –Morris
I learned it (rubbish busting) was an important job. –Zachary
We helped the school very much. –Philipp
I noticed there was less rubbish than yesterday because people looked at the posters we made. –Annika
When we were out picking up rubbish today, I noticed that there was less rubbish on the floor because more people had lunch tickets. –Lara B.
I didn’t know there can be so much trash in the playground…I think the signs we made aren’t big enough. –Sienna
I noticed that there was even less rubbish than yesterday because today was Wonderful Wednesday so people had less food with wrappers. –Ryan
I found out people do not use trash cans. I think people are just lazy. I felt disgusted with all the trash on the ground. - Anonymous 1.3 student


No comments:

Post a Comment